June 1866: month in view

June 1866

By June 1866 the School – which by then numbered 130 boys and six masters – had settled into a routine. Rising every day in time for the first hour-long lesson at 7 am before breakfast at 8 am, long days of lessons were punctuated by twice-weekly exercise which consisted of runs for most and cricket for a few. There was also the option of using the small gymnasium in what is now the Chapel corridor, the equipment having been donated by the Headmaster.

Read More