January 1867: month in view

January 1867

The School returned from the holidays on January 23 with the Surrey Advertiser recording “the number of boys entered being 160, a few more than where there before breaking up”. With the capacity set at 150 and with no more building scheduled until the remaining debt of £1400 outstanding from the initial construction was cleared, the surplus were catered for by the renting of as house in Horseshoe Lane to accommodate the overflow

Read More