December 2015: objects

Shop advertisement

An advertisement dating from 1928 for the official suppliers of clothing to the School. Although the School Shop had opened in 1919 it mainly supplied sports equipment, stationery and small items such as shirt studs and shoelaces.

Read More

Newspaper clipping

The first girl to appear at Cranleigh arrived in 1964, as part of a fledgling scheme to bring Cranleigh and its sister school, St Catherine’s, closer.

Read More

Chapel Note

This note was found in the roofing of the Chapel during restoration work in the late 1990s. It was written by workmen employed by the long-standing Shalford firm of Mitchell Brothers who were replacing the original plaster roof of the building with wood and lists those engaged in the project.

Read More